Monday, June 22, 2009

Deep Creek Lake Day Five - Mountain Coaster

On our fifth day in Deep Creek we were threatened by rain. Actually the whole week the weather was crazy. Sunny days turned into rainy days and rainy into sunny. Our fifth day was supposed to be rainy the whole day. So we got up and took our time. We were planning on going to a movie. Then we realized the weather was completely wrong. So we threw some plans together for our now sunny day and this is what we ended up doing. Jake was up there by this time, but unfortunately he ended up sick. So once again he's no where to be found in the pictures. Don't worry he recovers for day five.


I sent Shauna ahead of me with my camera so she could take pictures of us coming down. She also decided to take pictures on the way up. We rode on these little coaster things. There was an automated track that took us to the top of the mountain. Then we rode down at our own chosen speed. This picture shows some of the track we rode back down. That spiral looking thing sure got us flying.


You can see Tade and I coming down the track through the trees. I guess I should have given Shauna the other lens so she could have zoomed in better.


Slowing down for the end of the track.


Tade loves this sort of thing. The faster the better.


I think you're a little small to ride alone Tade.


The whole way down Tade kept saying, "faster, faster" and "Dad has got to come do this." He had so much fun.

2 comments:

  1. Oooooh they have one of those in park city and it is SO much fun. Now that I know one is closer by I might have to go try it out. Tyler loves those sorts of things too...if they'll let him ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! You guys all seem like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete