Thursday, December 10, 2009

Winter Wonderland

This past Saturday we had our first snow of the season. It hit quite early for Maryland, but was enjoyed all the same. Jake got up with Seth and let me sleep in a little bit that morning. I hadn't been laying there very long when Seth came running back upstairs and into the room saying "snow, snow, it's snowing!" A little while later I managed to make it downstairs to see that it definitely was snowing. Everywhere outside was already covered with a blanket of white. It looked beautiful. I enjoyed that thought for about half a second then started to panic. See we were supposed to have our ward Christmas party that night and the snow started to complicate things. I was in charge of the Christmas party and had spent hours the night before decorating. I didn't want all the committee's hard work to be wasted. Plus we had a ton of food already purchased. Anyway, the party will be the next blog, but for now lets focus on the beautiful snow outside. A little while later Tade came running downstairs with the same excitement Seth had had earlier. Tade took about two seconds to get all his snow things on. Seth on the other hand put up quite a fight. He wanted to play in the snow, but didn't want to get all suited up for it. So after holding him down to bundle him up they were both ready to go. Seth headed outside still in tears, but as soon as he hit the snow he was fine. I had too many things going on to join them, but was able to take a moment to snap a few photos.












2 comments:

  1. The snow sure is beautiful and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan has that exact same coat! Looks like you had fun!!

    ReplyDelete