Friday, March 19, 2010

At Least 1/16th Irish

In our house St. Patrick's Day mainly means corned beef and cabbage which is totally yummy. Last year my sister and brother-in-law decided to take it a step further and have a party. My brother-in-law has more Irish blood than we do so he had fun going all out. So this year they had their second annual Whalen St. Patrick's Day party. We got our Irish on with an evening full of food, friends, and fun.




Dressing up was mandatory for entry.

What's an Irish party with out booze and gambling :) We drank our root beer and ginger ale as well as learned/played texas hold 'em. Half the table was clueless as to how to play. The other half became frustrated with the first half.

In the end Adam won the priceless green and gold coins.

This is my little leprechaun after finding the pot of gold.

The party was over the weekend. So when the 17th hit we of course had corned beef and cabbage again for dinner. Can I just say how much I love corned beef with the delicious mustard and brown sugar glaze? Yummyyyyyyyyy!

1 comment:

  1. I totally bought corned beef, but then I realized that I had no clue how to prepare it. I have had it once and feel in love. Send me an email or facebook me the recipe you guys use so the meat gets put to good use. What a fun party!

    ReplyDelete