Monday, November 22, 2010

The Best Time of the Year

Fall has always been my favorite time of year.  The trees are gorgeous, the temperature is perfect, and apple cider is everywhere.  I just LOVE apple cider!  Fall also brings a backyard quickly filled with leaves.  I'm not a fan of raking and we could get away with not doing it because our backyard is woods and who rakes woods, but I end up raking to get good pictures.  I know it's all about the pictures.  I'm kind of messed up like that.  This world of digital pictures has changed everything for me.  Each year at Christmas I make a calendar for my mother-in-law.  Our November picture on the calendar is always the kids jumping in the leaves.  So each year we break out the rakes and make a huge leaf pile to jump in just so I can get a good picture.  Well at least that's why I do it.  The boys seem to do it because they think it's fun to jump off the deck into leaves and get them all stuck down their shirt.  I guess a 3 and 6 year old would find that fun.  I do have to admit it is fun watching them.  I just with the leaves would rake themselves though.











My crouching tiger hidden dragon boy.



1 comment: