Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve at our house usually consists of getting ready for Christmas.  We still have presents to wrap and the house to get all clean so it looks special the following morning.  One tradition we have had since I was a little girl was eating out on Christmas Eve.  Growing up we always went to Roy Rogers.  When we were little it was special to get fast food.  Plus fast food were the only places open past 5pm on Christmas Eve.  Now that we are older fast food isn't as appealing.  We started to go out to places earlier than 5pm or go out for Chinese.  All the Chinese food places are opened normal hours.  The past several years it has been Chinese food that we've gone for.  This year was no different.  I think this might actually be our last year with the grown up food.  My kids are getting older and going to want to request fast food like I did when I was little.
A newer tradition that has been created is giving the kids jammies to open and wear on Christmas Eve.  Usually they are Christmas related jammies.  This year we also added each of them receiving a special Christmas ornament of something related to the year they just had.  We will do this each year so that when they grow up and move out they can take their ornaments with them.  This year Andelyne got her "my first Christmas 2010" ornament, Seth got a John Deere tractor,  and Tade got Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon.  Tade remembered getting jammies in previous years so he was very excited to see what they would be like this year.  It was also fun to see his new excitement when he opened an ornament as well as jammies.


  




This year I wanted BYU jammies.  Unfortunately there aren't many available and the few that are available are very expensive.  So I decided to create my own, well partially.  I made the boys shirts and matching shirts for their cousins.  The pants and sleepers for Andelyne and Asher were from the store.  Thankfully Walmart and Target in Utah sell some BYU things and I have wonderful sisters-in-law who picked things up for me.  The kids LOVED their BYU jammies and so did the parents.  Christmas Eve in Maryland, Utah, and New York all sported blue and white.



No comments:

Post a Comment