Monday, June 6, 2011

Zoo Field Trip

When I was little we went on a ton of field trips in elementary school.  Things have changed a lot since then.  Pretty much schools don't have the money and parents don't want to pay for a lot of field trips.  Anyway Tade got a field trip in the fall to a pumpkin patch/working farm and then this spring he got to go to the zoo.  I signed up as a chaperone because I remember how fun it was to have my mom on my field trips with me.  So off to the zoo we went with the millions of other DC area schools that were on their end of the year field trip as well.  Good thing I only had four kids to keep track of.  We did join with another group though so us moms has back up.



Feeling a little bashful.




Lemurs.  The kids thought it was pretty cool when I told them I lived in Madagascar and had seen lemurs.

Following the elephant trail.





The bus ride home.  Seriously the kids would have been just as happy driving around on the charter bus all day.  They were amazed by a bus with a bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment