Tade had his first field day on friday. I don't know who was more excited me or him. I have such wonderful memories of my field days. I wanted Tade to have those same memories. Things have changed quite a bit though. There were a million more centers and it wasn't nearly as competitive as it used to be. No ribbons were given out for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd. That didn't matter to Tade. He had a great time. I volunteered to help in the morning so I could see Tade and just to be involved. I was in charge of the tattoo station. They figured since I was pregnant they needed to put me at a simple station under a tree. I told them if it helped put me into labor I would go anywhere. As the kids passed through my station it was nice seeing all of them smiling and enjoying the day. The weather, while hot, was very manageable. The bugs on the other hand could have waited one more week to make their appearance.
Juggling with scarves.
This is Sophie. She's pretty much all we've heard about all year from Tade. At least he's consistent with the blonds.
This was my tattoo station. Each kid got an Eagle tattoo to put on.
Then I was able to turn on the sprinkler for a couple minutes to cool them off. This was not an official station, but I think it was every classes favorite thing of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment