Tade turned 6 yesterday. When he turned 5 last year I don't think I was too affected, but 6 makes me feel older. I think Tade was more excited this year also. This is his first year having a birthday while being in school. It is more fun sharing a birthday with all your buddies at school.
I took in cupcakes to celebrate with Tade's class. Unfortunately they have this no homemade baked good rule so we had to bring in store bought cupcakes. I don't know about you, but affordable store bought cupcakes are not that great.
This was the exact moment Tade turned 6 years old. He'd been waiting all day for 6:49 EST.
We did cupcakes for school and he will have a normal cake on Saturday for his birthday party so I decided not to make a cake for the family birthday. Instead we get a cold stone ice cream cake. That is a store bought cake I can handle.
Great Grandma Robinson picks the best books for my boys.
I do think that Brielle's gift was one of the hits of the night. It was all about Super Mario Bros. She definitely knows how to make her cousin happy. Tade got a Mario shirt, Wii remote candy dispenser, and Mario cartoons. We're just sad Tade and Brie live 2000 miles apart because they would be so cute to watch playing Mario together and talking about it.
One of the other hit gifts was also Mario Bros. related. They were Mario and Luigi jammies. The picture isn't great, but I wanted Grandma Wangberg to see the excitement on Tade's face when he opened them.
Seth was making great use of Tade's gifts.
The final gift of the night is all that Tade has been asking for for over a month. It's the How To Train Your Dragon Wii game.
I love watching kids at this age. The excitement they show over each gift is wonderful. It's something that fades as we get older. Tade went to bed the happiest boy in the world. I can't believe my little boy is growing up.
Happy Birthday Tade! Glad you had a great day!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Tade!!! Your smiles in each of those pictures say it all. We are glad you had a great day. Liezl says hi.
ReplyDelete