Wednesday, July 14, 2010

She's Official

The whole reason for Jake's parents visit was for Andelyne's baby blessing.  Here are a couple cute pictures of Andelyne in her blessing dress.  I know it's not your traditional frilly dress, but the sentiment behind it is so much more important.  In Madagascar there was a couple we were teaching, Solo et Misa.  They would make and sell little girl dresses.  Both of them would hand stitch all the details in these dresses.  It is amazing.  I couldn't do any of what they did.  I brought a couple of the dresses they made home from Madagascar with me.  Jake and I thought it would be really special to use one of these dresses as a blessing dress.




This is a blanket my Grandma Bennett gave me when Tade was born.  We have used it as a blessing day blanket for each of the kids now.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful girl! I love her dress, it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great dress for her to be blessed in! I'm so glad you had a little girl so you can use it. She's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the dress. It is darling, almost as darling as the girl in it...almost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I'm glad you got to use that dress. I think she looks a lot like Seth in the first photo. Can't wait to meet her in person.

    ReplyDelete