Monday, November 14, 2011

The rest of the trip

After Williamsburg we came back to Maryland so Tom and Amber could do the DC stuff.  One of the days Jake took them with Andelyne in tow to Gettysburg.  No camera went on this trip.  We were looking to buy a car so I was off doing car stuff.  The other days they went downtown.  Tade and Seth did have one day off school so they were able to go with Jake, Amber and Tom to see Arlington and some DC stuff.  I stayed home for that so I could get Andelyne down for a proper nap.

Iwo Jima was the first stop.  I absolutely love this memorial!



Jake said Seth was being some sort of gargoyle statue here.


Then they headed over to Arlington Cemetery.  You can't help but feel something looking at these pictures.


Then is was lunch time.  The only good and affordable way to eat in DC is the corner hot dog stand.

Tade was having a good time until...

...he saw a bee.  This boy is petrified of bees!!!

The final stop was the Jefferson Memorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment