After two weeks with Jake's family we headed up for a month in Park City, UT. My parents had wanted to rent a house for a few weeks so everyone had a fun place to gather. It turned out that renting a house for a month was a much better deal than renting it for just a few weeks. We found the best house for all of us to fit in without feeling like we were on top of each other for the summer. The house has since sold for over $1,000,000 and we know with new owners there is no way it will stay as affordable as it was. Well I'm glad we could enjoy it for one summer.
A few hours after we checked in my sister-in-law texted me to let me know that one of her boys had thrown up. Of course he did because what would a big family vacation without the flu. Within the next hour Tade came down with a fever. He went to bed early so I went to the airport to pick up Shauna and Asher. As I was waiting for them I began to feel a little off, but didn't think too much of it. As we were driving back up to Park City my stomach began to churn. We were in Parley's Canyon at this point and in the dark it's a windy scary drive. Shauna kept talking to me and I'd answer in one or two word answers. I was just concentrating on breath. I was also praying over and over again to just make it into the driveway before I threw up. One enjoyable moment before everything fell apart way when we turned onto our street. I could see Shauna surveying the houses. She stopped on one house. I pointed to the house she was looking at and told her that was our house. Her comment was, "we never get the biggest house on the street!" We had the big house on the street and it was totally awesome! Anyway, we went inside and as soon as we walked in as I was running to the bathroom I realized my prayers had been answered. We made it home before I got sick. After Tade and I this bug hit Brielle, Asher, Grandpa, Grandma, Shauna, and Scott. It hit hard and fast. The only good part was it was a very short bug. Fortunately it hit all of us but Scott before our big Paul family reunion.
After the first group of sickos healed we needed to get out of the house. We found a really fun park called Willow Creek park. The kids loved it because the play areas were themed after a barn and tractor. Also instead of having a little climbing wall there were real big rocks for climbing.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment