Saturday, August 4, 2012

Temple Square

The Sunday we were with Jake's family we thought it would be good to take the kids to Salt Lake and show them temple square and the conference center.  I think Tade has been there, but he has no memory of it and I know Seth and Andelyne haven't been there.  It was a good trip.  The best part was when we walked into the auditorium of the conference center.  The boys were in awe.  What made it even more perfect was that the tabernacle choir was there practicing for the pioneer day celebration.  Tade and Seth looked at Jake and I and said, "this is what we see on TV."  Yes it is boys.  I am so excited for October when we watch conference again.  I think the boys will look at it a little differently.

I started laughing when I had a closer look at this picture.  Can you see the humor?  We do love our little Seth.


I loved looking at the pictures from the Book of Mormon as I remember them as a kid.  Each of the kids picked their favorite to stand by.  Tade chose the stripling warriors.

Andelyne didn't really choose one, but this one with Lehi is the one she stood by long enough for me to take a picture.  Seth chose Samuel the Lamanite, but the picture didn't turn out.


Once we got to the roof all Seth wanted to do was play in the water.  It was a nightmare because there is water everywhere on the roof.



The last water stop before heading back inside.

We headed over to temple square, but by this point the kids had had it.  We quickly walked up to the statue of Christ.  Tade was smiling while Seth played drums on the base and Andelyne ran laps around Jesus.  We are just the face of reverence.  Actually this was good because it got worse.  Lets just say we spent about two minutes in the Tabernacle before we had to chase Seth down.  Then we carried him out kicking and screaming.


No comments:

Post a Comment